Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No Parking

   I tried to go back to the Botanic Gardens last Sunday and learned my lesson. The weather was beautiful and perfect for being outside so I figured I could go paint. The problem was that everyone else in Fort Worth thought it was a perfect time to be outside too so there were zero parking spots anywhere close. Although there is a satellite lot for weekends, there was no way I was going to be able to carry all my things to a good spot and back to the car. I decided to go home and paint from my "studio."
   A few weeks ago I built a canvas for a specific painting. I did a watercolor of an orchid back in the fall and I wanted to do it again only in oil. Since painting at the Botanic Garden was no longer an option, I figured I could work on that. 
   Part of the reason that I like plein air painting is that it makes me finish a piece in on sitting instead of agonizing over it and tweaking it for weeks. With that in mind, I set a time limit for myself to finish my orchid painting. Two hours was my goal. It ended up being about two and a half hours, but it's okay because I did in fact finish it! Anyway, here it is! What do you think?!


Here is the original watercolor that I did last fall.




Hope you like them! Be sure to "like" my page on Facebook, Ellen Van Treuren Artworks so you can see more of my updates. Also, visit my website www.ellenvantreuren.com to see prices and more work information.

Happy arty day!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment